Travel Grants for FENS Forum 2022 Regional Social Media Ambassadors
Funding body: Federation of European Neuroscience Society (FENS)
Application timeframe: 02 February – 03 March 2022
Are you a neuroscientist from a region underrepresented in science? Are you planning to attend the FENS Forum 2022 (9-13 July, Paris, France)? Do you regularly use social media to communicate about neuroscience?
The FENS Communication Committee is offering four travel grants of up to EUR 1,000 and waived registrations for four Regional Social Media Ambassadors to attend the FENS Forum 2022. These grants aim to help neuroscientists based in underrepresented regions in the world to attend the Forum in Paris.
- Neuroscientists from PhD candidates to tenured professors and all in between.
- Applicants should be working in regions in Africa, Asia, Central/Eastern Europe or South America that is underrepresented in science and with low & middle incomes.
- Applicants should plan to attend the FENS Forum 2022 in person.
- Applicants should regularly use social media to communicate in English about neuroscience.
- Relationship with FENS from previous year(s) would be considered beneficial.
Please also have look at the FENS 2022 Code of Conduct.
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You reside in the country where the Forum is taking place.
- You have received a FENS/IBRO-PERC or other travel grants to attend the Forum.
- Share weekly social media posts before and during the FENS Forum 2022.
If you are interested in joining us as a Regional Social Media Ambassador, please express your interest by 3 March 2022 by filling in the short form on this page.