What will be the format of the FENS Forum?
We are planning a big, onsite gathering, a live celebration of science and education in Paris. The expectation is a full-scope FENS Forum with a complete scientific programme and many affiliated events happening in and around the FENS Forum.
In parallel, parts of the FENS Forum will also be available online for remote participants who cannot join us in Paris.
Our Focus is on an in-person experience in Paris with all the usual great attributes of the FENS Forum.
When is registration opening? Will there be onsite and online registration? How can I submit a poster?
Early registration and abstract submission will open on 1 December 2021 on the FENS Forum 2022 website. Regular and online registration as well as online-only abstract submission will open in March 2022.
Are we offering discounts for low-/middle-income countries?
Yes, we are offering special reduced rates for low-/middle- income countries. Full information about registration is available on the Forum website.
Registration Changes and Cancellation Policy
Attendees can cancel their registration at any time, though the following applies regarding exchanges and refunds:
- Full cancellation with full reimbursement up to 8 April 2022 (23:59 CET)
- Registrations for physical participation can be exchanged for virtual participation or vice versa up to 8 April 2022 (23:59 CET). The difference in cost will be reimbursed to the attendee.
- Exchanges from physical to virtual participation requested after 8 April 2022 (23:59 CET) do not entail a refund, unless force majeure circumstances require FENS to make a unilateral decision to convert all registrations to virtual attendance.
- In case of cancellation of the physical meeting due to force majeure*circumstances, physical attendees will have a choice between:
- Cancelling participation altogether and getting a full refund
- Changing registration for online participation with a refund of the difference in price.
- Registrations for virtual attendance are ineligible for a refund.
Change from physical attendance to online attendance or vice versa
- If there is a change from physical attendance to online attendance before 8 April 2022 (23:59 CEST), the difference will be refunded. After 8 April 2022 (23:59 CEST), no refund will be possible.
- If there is a change from online to physical attendance, the difference between the amount already paid and the onsite participation fee will be charged.
15 Euro handling fees will apply only after 8 April.
What is the difference between online and onsite posters?
Onsite poster presenters will receive a poster board in the poster hall for a half day within the Forum. Poster presenters are encouraged to stand by their poster during breaks and poster viewing sessions, converse and meet with colleagues. Onsite poster presenters will submit their poster for the online poster display, with a voiceover recording presenting their poster.
Online poster presenters will present their posters online only, on the FENS Forum virtual platform. Their posters will not be displayed onsite. Presenters will submit their posters with a voiceover recording presenting their poster.
Are online poster presenters eligible for travel grants?
No – only people that travel to the Forum are eligible for travel grants.
Abstract withdrawal can be requested by email, addressed to FENS_abstracts@kenes.com
The abstract fee will be refunded in full for cancellation received until 22 April 2022 midnight CEST. The abstract fee will be refunded minus 50% for cancellations received no later than 14 May 2022. Thereafter, no refunds will be made.
Submitted abstracts are not included in the scientific programme if the first author has cancelled their registration, or if the payment of the registration fee is not received on the FENS Forum 2022 bank account by 14 May 2022.
Travel grant questions (when do they open, what is the deadline, what are the conditions, when are the results, can I apply for a grant if I am based in France…) –
Travel grant awardees who received grants for the last FENS Forum are not eligible for travel grants to the 2022 Forum. Applicants who reside in France are not eligible for travel grants. For more information click here.
The Young Investigator Training Programme is organised by the Société des Neurosciences, the Host Society Committee (HSC), and sponsored by the IBRO Pan-European Regional Committee (PERC). It consists of 2-3 week placements in host laboratories around France prior to the FENS Forum in Paris.
As part of the programme, the selected researchers will have the opportunity to work within defined research environments in France in order to get familiarised with different facilities and techniques in neuroscience, as well as expanding their research network. Selected researchers will receive financial support, courtesy of IBRO-PERC, to help cover the costs of the visit. Full information can be found here.
How can I apply to be a social media ambassador?
The social media ambassadors call is closed and the ambassadors have been selected.
I am an exhibitor or sponsor; who can I contact to exhibit at the FENS Forum?
Victoria Eskenazi – Industry Liaison & Sales manager of the FENS Forum 2022
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +41 22 908 0488 Ext. 986
There are an increasing number of fake websites claiming to offer hotel services.
We would like to alert all members and delegates to be aware of possible scams, and only use trusted online registration and accommodation services for bookings.