All abstract submitters must be fully registered and paid participants for the FENS 2022 Forum.
Please register, complete your registration and abstract fee payments and then submit your abstract using the dedicated abstract submission link.
- Abstracts will only be considered and included in the final scientific programme if you are a fully registered and paid FENS Forum participant.
- The presenting author is expected to attend the Forum in person and present his/her poster presentation.
- Only one abstract can be submitted per presenter.
- Registration for onsite participation and onsite poster display in Paris is open from 1 December 2021. Abstract submission for onsite poster display will end on the 22 February 2022. Registration for online participation and online poster display will open in March 2022.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the FENS Forum 2022 abstract website following the completion of the registration process.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling.
- After you start submitting your abstract, you can re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your abstract until you submit. Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation email containing the title of your abstract. If you do not receive this confirmation e-mail or have any other questions related to the abstract submission, please contact the FENS Forum 2022 Abstract Department at FENS_abstracts@kenes.com
- You will receive a copy of your abstract in the confirmation email, so please save your abstract accordingly for your records.
- Presentation format: Authors can submit abstracts for poster presentation only.
- Abstract title: The title should not exceed 25 words.
- Body text: limited to 250 words (fewer if a figure is included in the abstract). We recommend using word-processing software (for example Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended. Please be sure not to include extra spaces and symbols, as these are included in the word count.
- Abstracts should clearly state: Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears. To avoid problems during submission, please select special characters behind the ‘symbols’ button or write them fully (e.g. ALPHA)
- Graphs and images may be uploaded in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table, it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it into the abstract. Please note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added.
- You will be asked to confirm that you will disclose any conflict of interests in your presentation at the Forum.
- Please click “Save abstract” located at the bottom of the ‘Overview’ page after completing the form. This feature allows you to revise your abstract up until the abstract submission deadline: 22 February 2022, 23:59 hours CET.
After 22 February 2022, 23:59 hours CET abstracts will automatically be submitted to the FENS Forum 2022 abstracts database and no further changes will be possible.
- Abstract acceptance notifications will be sent in spring 2022.
- Poster scheduling will be sent in spring 2022.
The abstract submission system allows a group of authors to create a grouping code and link posters in a group. To group a series of linked abstracts, please use the “Poster Grouping Code” section in the abstract submission system to create a new grouping code (one code per group of linked abstracts) or join an existing group of posters. Please note the following:
- All abstracts in a group must be allocated to the same theme and topic. Please note that if these fields are marked differently, your abstract will be scheduled apart from the group.
- Inform your colleagues about the Poster Grouping Code that they have to use to link to your group.
- The Programme Committee will consider your abstract grouping request during the session scheduling process. However, this request is not guaranteed, and the committee reserves the right to move abstracts to different sessions, re-order the abstracts within each session, and add other appropriate abstracts to any session.
- By submitting an abstract, the submitting first-author confirms that all information of the abstract is correct and has been approved by the co-authors.
- Submitted abstracts cannot be modified or corrected after the submission deadline and will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes the authors consent for publication (e.g. Forum 2022 website, programme, other promotions)
- The submitting author warrants on behalf of all authors and institutions that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to FENS Forum 2022 and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organiser”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third-party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- By submitting an abstract, you grant the Organiser a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- By submitting an abstract, you confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove any abstract that does not comply with the above.